1. Regularity of issues (confirmation of periodicity by download on the journal website; required mailshot to subscribers).
2. All the works published in the journal must meet the challenges of sustainable development in general and mountainous areas in particular.
3. Submitted manuscripts undergo stages of preliminary and final review and, if necessary, are sent to the authors for correction and revision.
4. Manuscripts and abstracts are published both in Russian and English.
5. Received materials will not be returned to the authors.
6. The editorial board reserves the right to make reductions and editorial changes to the text of the article. Corrections in the text and illustrations the authors can make only at the stage of preparation to printing. Proofreading is not sent to the authors for revision.
7. The number of authors of the article should not exceed three people from one organization or four – from two or more organizations. Preference is given to articles with a foreign co-author.
8. The number of articles published by the author alone or in coauthorship should not exceed one in the issue, two - within a year.
9.The availability of the Institute of review, consisting of highly qualified specialists in the field of sustainable development of mountain territories.
10. Double-blind peer review – the reviewer and the author don’t know each other’s names; availability of three or more reviewers for all the articles of every issue is required.
11. Only original articles are published in the journal. The author is fully responsible for compliance with this requirement. The originality of the article should not be less than 80% (verified by Antiplagiat software).
12. Availability of an abstract of the article, consisting of 250-300 words and outlining the main content of the article.
13. Availability of key words (not more than 7 words).
14. After the conclusions all the articles must contain the list of literature (references). The list of references must be drawn up in order of their appearance in the text. The list of references should include at least 20-30 items, 30% of which must be from English-language sources published over the last 5 years. Inclusion in the list of 2 or more own works is not allowed. There must be reference to the journal "Sustainable development of mountain territories" in the bibliography.
15. The presence of a journal section devoted to the publishing and publication ethics, the recognition version of the compliance-ethics of scientific publications and statements about the absence of malpractice.
16. Failure to follow the rules of manuscript preparation leads to a delay in publication or rejection of the manuscript.
17. The conditions of publication of advertising and commemorative materials are coordinated by mutual agreement. Congratulations on the anniversaries from companies and organizations should be submitted to the editors not later than 3 months before the date of publication. The editorial board is not responsible for the content of advertising material submitted for publication in the journal "Sustainable development of mountain territories".
18. Reprint of published in the journal materials is allowed only with the permission of the publisher and with reference to the journal "Sustainable development of mountain territories".
19. Publication of articles is free for authors, honoraria are not paid.